As cannabis laws continue to change and affect new countries and states all around the world, we are seeing a growing number of people are seeing the medical benefits of the plant. Marijuana has long been known to help manage pain from chronic conditions, relieve anxiety and insomnia, and give relief for cancer patients. Whether you are new to cannabis or are already an experienced user, you might want be curious about the best consumption method. Today, there are lots of methods to choose from that can satisfy casual smokers to more medicinally-inclined users.
Vaping has become a very popular method for consuming marijuana because of its convenience and accessibility. On the other hand, smoking, can give a more potent taste of the slowly while giving slightly unique effects. Both of these methods have their own set of unique characteristics. The choice that you go with will depend on your personal preferences.
Although many have made the case that vaping is healthier than smoking when it comes to cannabis consumption, research has shown that this is not exactly the case. Studies have shown that vaping is safer than smoking cigarettes, but the same thing cannot be said for cannabis. This makes vaping a safer alternative, although not necessarily healthier.
Everything will really the depend on the method you choose, what is being combusted, and if any filtration is happening to clean the smoke. If you want to use a vape device, it is best that you use a device from a reputable brand that focuses on smooth and clean rips. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of smoking and vaping cannabis.
Advantages of Vaping Cannabis
- Reduce inhalation of harmful carcinogens. Vaping can reduce many carcinogenic byproducts that are produced by combustion.
- Vape pens have no smell. There is a slight odor, but it is thin and quickly dissipates. This is a good option for those who want a covert option.
- Pronounced taste. Although there is a high demand for good-tasting flower, vaping marijuana can capture many of the same profiles and taste great.
- High potency.Vaping cannabis gives a concentrated amount of THC. This is why oils are called concentrates and are known to give strong effects.
Disadvantages of Vaping Cannabis
- High is slightly different. If you have consumed flower, you will see a different with the high. Some consider it lighter and cleaner compared to their natural counterparts.
- Requires investment. There are affordable vapes but there is a learning curve to finding your favorite strain, maintaining the device and keeping it charged.
Advantages of Smoking Cannabis
- Great taste. Smoking weed gives a distinct and enjoyable flavor profile that differs by strain. Smoking with a bong or other filtered device offers an extra taste.
- Unique experience. Consuming marijuana by smoking is not as quick as with a vape. Despite this, some prefer it because they see it as a more personal and therapeutic method.
- Unique effects. Smoking weed gives a more natural and well-rounded experience. Many agree that smoking flower is the best way to get the complete cannabis experience.
Disadvantages of Smoking
- Inhaling smoke. Many people believe that smoking tobacco is bad, but smoking cannabis is not. If any plant is combusted, it produces carcinogens, tar and other by-products. Cannabis is proven to be less harmful compared to tobacco.
- Stronger odor. Smoking cannabis can be detected from farther way. Also, it lingers longer compared to vapor.
Overall, every method has its own set of pros and cons. The best way to determine what is best for you is to consider your personal preferences and try the options that are most appealing to you.